How To Start an SC
How To Start a Social Club:
- Have a hobby or theme ready. If drawing is your thing and you want to meet more artists, that works great, but maybe there is something else you would love to try such as making knit tags or staging weird 'happenings' around your city.
- Make sure the name isn’t already taken. We have a lot of slightly different names and ideas which creates people to butt-heads.
- Most clubs start really small, with a core group of friends. Do you have a couple of friends who share your interest? Suggest a time and place to hang out and do your thing (whether it's sketching, or talking about a book, or whatever).
- Assuming you all had fun, set up another time to meet up and do the same thing. Try to make the next meeting a week from then, and suggest that your friends invite others to join.
- If you haven't done so already, start up an account at a social networking site such as Friendster or MySpace, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Find new people and introduce yourself to them. Tell them about the club and invite them to it. (use all if able)